Saturday, September 22, 2007

I do believe!




Yes, I have drunk the Kool Aid. The magic number is 6 and, as always, I believe. This is our year. It's going to happen. I love hearing everyone sing the Steve Goodman Cubs Victory song at the end of the games we win.

Now, how am I going to function in seminary with playoffs as competition? No contest there. I'm not going to live another 99 years. This town will go crazy.

Oh, the picture above. Ernie Banks, Len Johnson (a WGN sportscaster from the 60s), and my former neighbor and all around nice guy, Billy Williams. I must say it was pretty neat to live a few doors away from a Hall of Famer for 10 years. He sang "Take Me Out To the Ballgame" the other day with his three grandsons. They were the cutest little boys. What must it be like to be in grade school and tell your friends that your grandpa is in Cooperstown?

There's just one big thing that's bumming me out about all of this. My Dad, with his strange dementia. I'm not sure if he really understands what's going on with the Cubs. He's been such a loyal fan his whole life, from the time he was a little boy. And it wasn't easy to be a Cub fan on the South Side. Take it from one who knows. So, I just don't know what he's taking in right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment