Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Review: Monsters vs. Aliens

Review: Monsters vs. Aliens
Rating: **
Nonna's Rating: $$
Rotten Tomatoes: 73%

This one I did see in 3D -- and the effects were excellent. I heard on NPR that we can expect most feature-length cartoons from the big studios to be in 3D from now on. That will be fun -- but expensive because afternoon bargain prices do not seem to be operative for 3D movies. Eleven or twelve dollar admission is typical -- even for four-year-olds.

The film was entertaining enough for me, but my 11 and 4 "and a half" year old grandsons thought it was quite wonderful. To clarify their evaluations, I asked, "Was it better than Kung Fu Panda?" "No," they said. Panda is the gold standard in movies as far as they are concerned.

Nonna's Ratings:
$$$$ = Worth paying the Friday evening price
$$$= Worth paying the Matinee price
$$= Worth a rental
$ = Wait for cable
# = Skip it

No comments:

Post a Comment