Thursday, May 21, 2009

Review: Angels and Demons


Review: Angels and Demons
Rating: *1/2
Nonna's Rating: $
Rotten Tomatoes: 37%

I'm really glad I haven't read the book this film is based on. I'm sure it's similar to The DaVinci Code. Long on plot, but short on substance, character development, accuracy, and logic. Because the film relies so heavily on plot twists, however, it did hold my interest. I never knew what to expect -- beyond deep, meaningful clues hidden in Bernini sculptures and obelisks.

Here's my issue -- and I'm trying not to incorporate SPOILERS: When we finally find out what REALLY IS GOING ON, the byzantine plan is so unnecessarily complex and dependent on a myriad of coincidences that it truly strains credibility. I mean, there must have been a simpler way of getting what he wanted. Donchathink?

Wait for cable. Or go see Star Trek again.

Nonna's Ratings:
$$$$ = Worth paying the Friday evening price
$$$= Worth paying the Matinee price
$$= Worth a rental
$ = Wait for cable
# = Skip it

No comments:

Post a Comment