Monday, February 06, 2006

Discernment Weekend Results

Well, I'm officially on my way to being a postulant and a seminarian this fall. It was wild, intense discernment weekend I was on. I'm really exhuasted today. I think I'm suffering from adrenalin depletion. I'm still flying pretty high. Time to sort it all out. First, I'm surprised how much I enjoyed the weekend. I thought it would be dreadful from all the reports I'd received about past weekends. People were often "destroyed by what the listeners said to them." It sounded as if experiences could be horribly humiliating.

I drove to the Cenacle in Lincoln Park Friday night and managed to get lost a little, taking the wrong turn away from Fullerton, but my usual good sense of direction guided me home. The Cenacle was nice. Rooms were clean and quiet. The bed, of course, was horrible, but that's de riguer.

I was one of the last people to make it to the session. Although many of the staff were my age, all the aspirants were younger by at least 5 years and, in other cases, many more years. But, I was cool. Lots of gay and lesbian people. More than I expected. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Seriously, a lot of people, when asked what they had left behind, mentioned partners. It was a great group.

No comments:

Post a Comment