Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Checking In

I'm feeling I should say something as the big weekend gets closer. I've been busy being with friends, usually going out to eat. Did my first tutoring today with Rosa Mendoza. It went well. She's a sweet woman and seems more advanced than I was led to believe. She reads English fairly well and just needs some practice here and there. I'll try to be more challenging next week. It's more work preparing for the lessons than I thought it would be. I'm sure it will get easier, but I want to be thorough in my preparation now. I had lunch with Donna Malone, who owns her own focus group facility. We talked about my assisting her going forward.

Then, I called Community Health and Nursing to talk with the Director of Nursing about making sure Dad is shaved and cleaned every day. She says she'll take care of it. We'll see. (My favorite phrase today.) Then, I had dinner with Kim at Olive Garden. It was great to see her. She always has plenty of good advice and interesting stories about her family. Tomorrow I'm lunching with Mike Nadeau and there's always breakfast with the girls on Wednesday. Eat. Eat. Eat. Had a Margarita tonight. My first drink since WLS. Almost no effect and not really worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment