Thursday, August 23, 2007

Enough Already with the Rain

It is a wet August. The good side of all this is that I don't have to water all the new plantings around my townhouse. And that is good news for the plantings because I'm far from a model gardener. I've never taken Candide very seriously and haven't spent much time cultivating my own garden.

I was driving on the north side of Wheaton when a violent thunderstorm hit a few minutes after 3pm. I was driving north on Main Street when it seemed like an explosion hit the trees on the other side of the road. They fell over like toothpicks onto the street. Luckily, no cars were in the way. I decided to turn around and head home, threading my way through north Glen Ellyn. I felt like a rat in a maze. I'd go down a street and then have to turn around and head down another road because fallen trees blocked the way. Quite the mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment