Saturday, June 04, 2011

Review:Bridesmaids

Review: Bridesmaids
Rating: **1/2
Nonna's Rating: $$
Rotten Tomatoes: 88%
Audience: 88%

Here's another movie that critics and viewers loved -- about which I am not quite as excited. I will be the first to admit that there were some very funny moments. Also, it's not just another gross-out comedy; it explores women's friendships and how they endure and triumph over some seemingly unforgivable behavior. This movie just crossed the line into tasteless comedy a few too many times for me. Maybe I need to see it a second time. People keep telling me I need to see Hangover again, insisting it will be funnier the second time around. If you liked Hangover, you'll probably enjoy this movie. And, I will say that Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Ellie Kemper, and, especially, Melissa McCarthy are excellent comedians.

Nonna's Ratings:
$$$$ = Worth paying the Friday evening price
$$$= Worth paying the Matinee price
$$= Worth a rental
$ = Wait for cable
# = Skip it

No comments:

Post a Comment