Saturday, March 17, 2007

An Anniversary

Today is the second anniversary of my gastric bypass surgery -- and I'm feeling great. I had lost 130 pounds, now it's 120 but I'm back on the straight and narrow. Amazing how the weight crept on as I allowed myself little nibbles of sugar here and there. Very insidious. For four days, I've been recording my food on fitday.com, one of the best websites for keeping myself honest and I've been coming in at between 1000 and 1100 calories, 70-80 grams of protein, and about 10% saturated fat. Progress. Interesting how eating badly was really affecting my worldview negatively. Sugar is evil. I'm feeling more like myself now and clothes are looser already. Went out and bought some new stuff I can use in CPE this summer at Good Sam. I'm getting really excited about the impending Baptism of Mr. Max. It sounds like the service will be amazing. The kids are playing the chimes and Hannah Davey will play the viola with them. They're doing sheep safely grazing on Easter Morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment