Friday, March 30, 2007

I promised myself . . .

I promised myself that I wouldn't let this quarter go by without blogging, so here's one. I think one of my problems is that I feel this need to say something substantial, weighty, extended. Got to get over that. Got to get over a lot of things.

Here we are already done with two weeks of the quarter. I can't believe that in eight weeks, I'll be a middler. Time is flying. Not at all like my undergraduate days that seemed to go on forever. Come to think of it, they did -- from '65 through '73 with a four year break in between.

The good news is that I have my head on straight again as far as food is concerned. Now I know how easy it is to gain back weight. I dropped five pounds pretty quickly, but the next five will be tougher. I was also reading that the surgery seems to cause those of us who undergo it to hit a plateau that is tough to break through. I know I need to get my butt moving -at least walking. That would help.

I'm loving my courses but the reading load is horrendous. We're all behind already, mostly because of theology. AKMA and Paula have also assigned a decent amount of reading, as well as Georgia, but it's all manageable. Ellen is trying to give us all we'll need for Systematic Theology and the reading is impossible. In the last 2 quarters, I was able to read about 97% of everything assigned. I'm already skimming a lot of the work this quarter. The irony is that Ellen's readings are fantastic. The class is truly wonderful, but I wonder if we wouldn't be doing it more justice by giving fewer readings more attention. I have stopped reading endnotes, prefaces, and intros entirely and I hate that.

Next week is Holy Week, so we have a bit of a break except for the commitment to services. But Max will be baptized on Easter. I'm so excited. Everytime we pray for those who are to be baptized, I get a chill.

I'm doing this on my new XPSM1210 Dell computer which I love. So far, I'm liking Vista and Office 2007. It's not perfect but what ever is from Microsoft?

No comments:

Post a Comment