Monday, January 05, 2009

Review: Flash of Genius

Review: Flash of Genius
Rating: *1/2
Nonna's Rating: $
Rotten Tomatoes: 57%

Before I saw this movie, I asked myself why I would want to sit through the story of the college professor who invented intermittent windshield wipers and spent twelve frustrating years in a patent dispute. Well, Greg Kinnear is a good enough reason. Then I saw the movie. It was . . . well . . . pretty ordinary. Someone must have seen a great story here at some point, but that story was never realized. Instead, the characters are two dimensional and there's too much of an emphasis on technical jargon. My eyes glazed over on a regular basis. It might not seem so tedious if you're watching it "free" on cable, but don't rent it -- not unless you really get off talking about circuit boards and transistors. Then this movie may be for you.

Nonna's Ratings:
$$$$ = Worth paying the Friday evening price
$$$= Worth paying the Matinee price
$$= Worth a rental
$ = Wait for cable
# = Skip it

No comments:

Post a Comment