Sunday, June 28, 2009

Review: X-Men Origins: Wolverine



Review: X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Rating: *1/2
Nonna's Rating: $
Rotten Tomatoes: 37%

Let me 'f'ess up to the truth right away. I went to see this movie for one reason only: Hugh Jackman. The reviews have generally been pretty awful, but I thought I'd give it a chance because I'd enjoyed the first two offerings in the X-Men series so much. Unfortunately, the reviewers have delivered very defensible negative evaluations of the film. The special effects are there; there's nothing schlocky about the production values, but the movie just doesn't have the heart and center of the first two films. In fact, my interest tellingly perked up at the end of the film when Patrick Stewart appeared as early mutants escaped to his protective care. The lesson learned is that one X-man does not a movie make: even if he's buff, beautiful, and a good actor.

Nonna's Ratings:
$$$$ = Worth paying the Friday evening price
$$$= Worth paying the Matinee price
$$= Worth a rental
$ = Wait for cable
# = Skip it


No comments:

Post a Comment