Monday, December 28, 2009

Review: It's Complicated

Review: It's Complicated
Rating: ***1/2
Nonna's Rating: $$$
Rotten Tomatoes: 50%

Disclosure: I was predisposed to love this movie. Like Jane, Meryl Streep's character in the movie, I was divorced in 1999. Also, my ex-husband soon married a woman younger than I. And, like Jane, my life has taken off in a completely different direction from where it was going in 1999. I don't, however, live in Santa Barbara and my wasbund and Steve Martin aren't hovering around my front door. But, I was still absolutely delighted with this movie -- as I expect many women of a certain age will be. A strong, charming woman, comfortable with her celibacy, is suddenly pursued by two strong, charming men. It's not Citizen Kane, but it's a well-acted, well-plotted afternoon's entertainment with a strong supporting performance by The Office's John Krasinski.

Nonna's Ratings:
$$$$ = Worth paying the Friday evening price
$$$= Worth paying the Matinee price
$$= Worth a rental
$ = Wait for cable
# = Skip it

No comments:

Post a Comment