Thursday, December 17, 2009

Review: Whip It



Review: Whip It
Rating: *1/2
Nonna's Rating: $
Rotten Tomatoes: 83%

I'm the naysayer on this one. Why did this movie get such great reviews? It does have a terrific cast, roller derbies are intrinsically fascinating, and Drew Barrymore, actress and director, has always been the darling of the critics. But it clunks along. The pacing is uneven and the directing unsure. I tried to forgive it its flaws, but there were too many annoying aspects to this movie. And am I the only person who finds Ellen Page's smart aleck delivery annoying? I'm feeling very uncharitable about this movie. I'm just warning you not to waste your time.

Nonna's Ratings:
$$$$ = Worth paying the Friday evening price
$$$= Worth paying the Matinee price
$$= Worth a rental
$ = Wait for cable
# = Skip it

No comments:

Post a Comment